Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Shantae V 0.5

Since I haven't been posting a lot due to me having to work a lot on other projects (they're art. 2D, drawings, gfx etc but at least I'm doing art!) I'm going to post this as a preview. I've some big plans for this Shantae model and I'm going to experiment with flat color to do some 2D art with a 3D model! =p

This is just the start but I layed down the basic shape of the body and the baggy pants as well as hair. I'm going to post Shantae at least 2 more times for my full project to be completed, but I'll be working on my Halloween sketch too, since I want to make something sorta big for this one and 9 days to finish this! So I'll have to juggle all those projects and this =p

2 comments:

  1. Eager to see where this goes. Love the shape, particularly the hips, legs, and feet. Really looking forward to seeing how you're going to finish it off as a 2D project. That's what I'm planning to do with my next children's book (alternating 3D drawn spreads with comic book spreads) -- but my technical skills are still trying to catch up. Are you going to put her in a scene? If so -- do you have another 3D program you use? What about rendering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I've an idea as to how to make this look 2D... if it all comes out the way I want, I'll show an example of how I got there! thanks for the support!

    I'll probably put her in a scene. I do use other software for this, mostly Maya for all hard surface and low poly stuff to take to Zbrush, but for this one and almost everything else I'll just use photoshop. I use the BPR render in Zbrush to get a mask of the model, that way I can erase the background and replace it with whatever I want. I should really look for a software to render stuff with, but I'm terrible at lights! I need to improve on that before going all out on rendering. Zbrush rendering works right now! (I avoid putting lights on Zbrush too cause I kill the models) =p

    ReplyDelete