Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Morana The Pirate



Also known as Morana the Cruel, Morana the Torturer, Morana the Despised, and Morana the Unholy. It's a "long sketch" since I just made a rough version and textured it-- just like my Meow Effect Cat!. I know I know, hair etc, but it's a Zbrush sketch, we can't use alphas and I don't know how to do the Zbrush hair stuff =p.

Also, I know I know, I'm still modeling stuff that somehow looks toony, but I like it. I promise I'll practice more realistic stuff, but it's hard for me =p

3 comments:

  1. I think this looks great, and you can kinda alpha with micromesh, but thats probably harder than figuring out fibermesh. The thing that I think needs work, and its a common thing is the base of the neck, look at this example, jessica biel is athletic without being manly ( the look that I presume you are going for, look how subtle the sterno cliedo is, how close the collorbones really lare to the chin, etc. The face I really like, the lighting from this angle makes the tip of the nose look smashed, but I dont think it really is, but thats the illusion I get. Here is jessica http://actresswtf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Jessica-Biel-height.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know micromesh and I don't know fibermesh! if you teach me, I'll gladly work on that =p. The base of the neck I totally see what you mean. That picture is spot on and now I know what I must do to fix it. I too agree it looks weird, but I went with it thinking it was correct, but now I know for real!

    Also, Mike used to say I kill everything with lights. I turn A+ projects into D- after lights. Go figure =p

    ReplyDelete