Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Another Paintover

I'd like to preface this with this is my first paintover of a character. "Eeeeek!!!"     lol


I agree with most of Kay's feedback.

-I think what Kay is trying to say about the application of the Lipstick (correct me if I'm wrong, Kay) is that Lipstick tends to fade at the corners of the mouth leavsing bare skin and doesn't cover all of the area that is considered the lip region. I actually just tried to find an example to link to but  when I search google for "lipstick," all I get are images that have lipstick applied just the way you have it. lol

-Yes, stripper Lipstick would be extremely glossy.

-As for the eyebrows, I think they are ok. They're not too masculine but on the other hand they are not the most feminine either. Remember that video games tend to idealize the way women look to achieve what the artist thinks is the most feminine (or attractive).

-The blush looks fine to me. If anything, I'd say it's spread out over too much area of the cheek.

-Yes, strippers would probably have some wicked eyelashes.

-Google says that eye shadow is typically two toned and, more so than not, goes all the way up to the eyebrows.

-Stripper==Glitter
'nuff said.

-After doing the paintover, these are my findings:

-The head seems to be an accurate size, Its the hair that is too big. The shoulders may be a bit too narrow and too low; and the nipples may be too low as well. (I checked out some of my anatomy books and that's the consensus based on using the head as a measurement for proportions).

-The chin is a bit too wide as Kay said.

-The anatomy of the lips could use some work. Right now they are very oval and  not very dynamic.

-The deltoids should have just a touch more round-ness to them.





The beauty of art is that most of it is subjective. Take what we say into consideration but ultimately this is your art, not anyone else's. Have fun with it, and once you start to feel like it's a chore, move on to something new. The amount of feedback on this image in no way means it's a bad piece but rather the contrary, and for a student, you have a very solid grasp on anatomy. Keep kicking ass!!    :D

-William

No comments:

Post a Comment