Friday, August 1, 2014

A quick paint over for ya Andrew :D


     Here is a quick paintover i did for you Andrew.  Part of my job at BioWare is to manage the creation of asset by artists outside the studio. This is pretty close to the type of feedback that I would send them as part of the asset development process.  The ideas are more high level rather than real game-ready-asset feedback (the technical stuff) , but it is incredibly useful stuff when making environments.  Let me know if any of it seem unclear or you have any questions or would like me to expand on some of the ideas I touched on in the feedback.  :)

Hope this helps!

-William

4 comments:

  1. Dude this is amazing and I really appreciate it this is dope, this helps out alot thank you for taking the time to help me out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent tutorial William! yet another add to the collection! I mean, keep em coming dude, we're all learning something from these! =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Thanks Kay. This was just a really quick paint over to get some ideas across. I'd be more than happy to do more paint overs of environment stuffs. I just need the environment stuffs to them paint overs on... :D you gonna do some tiling textures some time? lol I'm doing some at work right now that are really fun to make. I'll post some renders when I'm allowed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will, actually! I'll follow the tiling texture you did previously and do some of that stuff. I'm also working on a lot of new stuff for my portfolio and for a music video for a client, I'll show you when we're allowed to! =v

    ReplyDelete